Create in Nature campers will unleash their innate creativity and allow nature to inspire their art. They will paint, draw, sculpt, tell stories, create music, and dance, using nature as a backdrop.
New for 2021, Houston Botanic Garden presents BotaniCamp, an eight-week, plant-centric nature camp for K-5 students. The sensory and inquiry-driven curriculum will present many opportunities to go beyond just observation. Each week’s theme will help campers connect with plants through thoughtful and diverse lessons and hands-on activities. Campers will plant, grow, and interact with natural environments while working with scientists and subject matter experts.
- Flowerpot MusicJune 21, 2021Arts & Culture
- Sow & GrowJune 21, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Meditation at the GardenJune 22, 2021Health & Wellness
- Drawing en Plein AirJune 26, 2021Arts & Culture
- Water WaysJune 28, 2021Nature & Conservation
- Wellness WalkJune 29, 2021Health & Wellness
- Photography Workshop: Natural AbstractionsJuly 03, 2021Arts & Culture
- Create in NatureJuly 05, 2021Arts & Culture
- Potions & ProvisionsJuly 12, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Birds of the BayouJuly 19, 2021Nature & Conservation
- Sow & GrowJuly 26, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Ecosystem AdventuresAugust 02, 2021Nature & Conservation
- Create in NatureAugust 09, 2021Arts & Culture