Join us to see and learn more about how Asian cultures use a variety of plants from the region that are featured in our global collection. We will also have Asian cuisine from the Tu-Go Kitchen food truck and Popston popsicles available for purchase.
Download the Asia Regional Guide – with Garden map, schedule of events, and plant facts.
*Please note, demonstrations and performances are included in cost of general admission; schedule and demonstrations are subject to change.
Indian Culinary Herbs & Vegetables for a Houston Garden
9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Continuous Demonstrations)
Come join the team from Anita Jaisinghani’s Pondicheri and retired University of Texas molecular biologist and gardening enthusiast Monjula Chidambaram to discover plants, herbs and roots that originate in India but can be grown easily in the warm climate of Houston.
Soaring Phoenix Dragon & Lion Dance Association
1 p.m. (Performance)
See a lion dance and acrobatic routine, and learn about the tradition of lion dances.
Learn from home as well by viewing the our virtual lecture at any time throughout the weekend:
Farm-to-Freedom: Vietnamese Americans and Their Home Gardens
Author and Dallas College history professor Roy Vũ, Ph.D., will discuss how Vietnamese American home gardeners in Texas nurture and nourish a wide array of fruit trees, herbs, and vegetables in their front and backyards to remind them of who they are and where they come from. He will also explain how food gardens and micro-farms cultivated in Vietnamese “village” communities do much more than just provide produce.
- Weekday Docent TourDecember 02, 2020Tours
- Holiday Wreath WorkshopDecember 05, 2020Workshop
- Weekend Docent TourDecember 05, 2020Tours
- Weekend Docent TourDecember 06, 2020Tours
- Holiday at the GardenDecember 12, 2020Cultural Event
- Weekend Docent TourDecember 12, 2020Tours
- Weekend Docent TourDecember 13, 2020Tours
- Weekday Docent TourDecember 16, 2020Tours
- Weekend Docent TourDecember 19, 2020Tours