Join us to see and learn more about how Asian cultures use a variety of plants from the region that are featured in our global collection. We will also have Asian cuisine from the Tu-Go Kitchen food truck and Popston popsicles available for purchase.
Download the Asia Regional Guide – with Garden map, schedule of events, and plant facts.
*Please note, demonstrations and performances are included in cost of general admission; schedule and demonstrations are subject to change.
Indian Culinary Herbs & Vegetables for a Houston Garden
9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Continuous Demonstrations)
Come join the team from Anita Jaisinghani’s Pondicheri and retired University of Texas molecular biologist and gardening enthusiast Monjula Chidambaram to discover plants, herbs and roots that originate in India but can be grown easily in the warm climate of Houston.
Soaring Phoenix Dragon & Lion Dance Association
1 p.m. (Performance)
See a lion dance and acrobatic routine, and learn about the tradition of lion dances.
Learn from home as well by viewing the our virtual lecture at any time throughout the weekend:
Farm-to-Freedom: Vietnamese Americans and Their Home Gardens
Author and Dallas College history professor Roy Vũ, Ph.D., will discuss how Vietnamese American home gardeners in Texas nurture and nourish a wide array of fruit trees, herbs, and vegetables in their front and backyards to remind them of who they are and where they come from. He will also explain how food gardens and micro-farms cultivated in Vietnamese “village” communities do much more than just provide produce.
- Weekday Docent TourMarch 10, 2021Tours
- Weekend Docent TourMarch 13, 2021Tours
- Community Garden Information SessionMarch 14, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Weekend Docent TourMarch 14, 2021Tours
- Weekday Docent TourMarch 17, 2021Tours
- Weekend Docent TourMarch 20, 2021Tours
- Weekend Docent TourMarch 21, 2021Tours
- Garden Bites: Tropical & WetlandsMarch 23, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Weekday Docent TourMarch 24, 2021Tours
- Photography Workshop: Botany & CyanotypesMarch 27, 2021Arts & Culture
- Weekend Docent TourMarch 27, 2021Tours
- Weekend Docent TourMarch 28, 2021Tours
- Garden Bites: Arid & CulinaryMarch 30, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Weekday Docent TourMarch 31, 2021Tours
- Photography Workshop: Natural AbstractionsMay 22, 2021Arts & Culture