Water Ways campers will investigate the health of our bayous and other bodies of water. They will identify and observe the inhabitants of aquatic environments, such as turtles in our ponds and herons fishing along the bayou. All will explore the role of water in our lives and our ecosystems.
New for 2021, Houston Botanic Garden presents BotaniCamp, an eight-week, plant-centric nature camp for K-5 students. The sensory and inquiry-driven curriculum will present many opportunities to go beyond just observation. Each week’s theme will help campers connect with plants through thoughtful and diverse lessons and hands-on activities. Campers will plant, grow, and interact with natural environments while working with scientists and subject matter experts.
- Flowerpot MusicJune 21, 2021Arts & Culture
- Sow & GrowJune 21, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Meditation at the GardenJune 22, 2021Health & Wellness
- Drawing en Plein AirJune 26, 2021Arts & Culture
- Water WaysJune 28, 2021Nature & Conservation
- Wellness WalkJune 29, 2021Health & Wellness
- Photography Workshop: Natural AbstractionsJuly 03, 2021Arts & Culture
- Create in NatureJuly 05, 2021Arts & Culture
- Potions & ProvisionsJuly 12, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Birds of the BayouJuly 19, 2021Nature & Conservation
- Sow & GrowJuly 26, 2021Horticulture & Gardening
- Ecosystem AdventuresAugust 02, 2021Nature & Conservation
- Create in NatureAugust 09, 2021Arts & Culture